Summit Christian School is seeking a
Middle/Elementary Combination Teacher
The successful candidate will be responsible to primarily teach science, although should be able to teach additional subjects. In addition to teaching science, the teacher will coordinate the entrepreneur program, which includes the schools garden and maintaining Summit’s relationship with the Freedom Virtue Institute.
Key characteristics of teachers at Summit Christian School.
- Reflect the mission of the school, which is to provide a rigorous, high-quality education rooted and grounded in God’s word. Teachers are expected to integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
- Lead students to a realization of their value in Christ.
- Cooperate with the administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the School.
- Teach classes as assigned following prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled by the administrator.
- Keep proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises and create a good learning environment.
- Plan broadly through the use of semester and quarterly plans and objectives, and more currently through the lesson planning.
- Utilize valid best practices to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
- Employ a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child: spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional.
- Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Keep students, parents, and the administration adequately informed of progress or deficiencies.
- Recognize the need for good public relations and represent the School in a favorable and professional manner to the school’s constituency and the general public.
- Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Attend school functions including, but not limited to: spring musical, awards, band and/or choir concerts, Christmas plays, dramas, and graduations.
- Know and respond appropriately to the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature.
Candidates should have earned at minimum a Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in math and able to teach other subjects such as social studies and bible. The successful candidate will hold or be able to obtain a valid Florida teaching license.
Health Insurance, Retirement, and Tuition benefit.
Interested applicants should forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org