Summit Christian School exists as a ministry of Westminster (PCA). Our core values are ones that are explicitly shared with the Church. The specific statements framing our School’s foundations are made within the context of our shared beliefs and shape our understanding of Christian education and the covenant community.
The foundation of Summit Christian School is the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, the inerrant Word of God, as summarized in the Westminster Confession of Faith. On this basis, we affirm the following principles for Christian education:
Scripture is the revealed Word of God and is taught as truth.
Students are taught that:
• They are created in the image of God – Genesis 1:26-27.
• They must confront the issues of sin and redemption – Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:9.
• They can know God as revealed in Christ through the Holy Spirit – Luke 11:13.
• Jesus Christ shall return to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto
Himself – Matthew 25:31-46, John 14:3.
Biblical Perspective with all Instruction
Instruction will emphasize:
• Christ as our Creator, Sustainer, and Lord.
• Knowledge as dependent on God’s revelation in His creation and in His Word.
• Human history and God’s redemptive activity in it.
• Humanity, its cultures, and how ideologies have shaped people and their institutions.
• How Christians are called to respond to and engage in the world as agents of transformation.
Curriculum aims to prepare students for the Christian life.
We value a curriculum that:
• Honors the Creator and Lord of all creation.
• Meets or exceeds benchmark standards for literacy, critical thinking, and communication.
• Prepares students to actively investigate their God-given calling in life.
• Challenges our students to their full potential
• Teaches a Christian worldview as it applies to all aspects of life in our culture.
• Trains the next generation of the church.
The Christian Home
Summit upholds the responsibility of the home to educate children.
• The central role the family has been given by God to teach children His commands- Deut. 6:4-9.
• Christian education to be a necessary component to the Christian home in the spiritual and intellectual formation of the child.
• The triangular relationship of School-Family-Church.
• Communication between home and school that is characterized by a mutual respect.
The Christian Teacher
The teaching staff and administration are evangelical Christians of Reformed convictions that demonstrate a strong sense of the call to teach.
A Summit teacher will:
• Lead students by guiding and unfolding the nature of the one true God.
• Cultivate a classroom that will stimulate optimum student discovery.
• Shepherd students to achieve the full measure of his or her academic and spiritual potential.
• Intentionally partner with home by communicating academic, social, and spiritual development.
• Purposefully establish within the classroom a climate of Christian community.
We actively encourage students to develop their abilities in service to God
• Prepare students to think critically, communicate clearly, and act in accordance with
• Encourage students to use their minds to the best of their ability in service to God.
• Make disciples of Jesus Christ who faithfully seek after Him – Matthew 28:19-20.
• Equip students with an understanding of God’s cultural mandate to exercise God’s call to engage and transform the culture by God’s grace and for His Glory – Genesis 1:26-28.
School practices are grounded in Biblical principles.
Biblical standards permeate:
• Governance / business and finance transactions / development and marketing practice / human resources / governmental relations
Leadership & Governance
The leadership will advance the mission of the School.
We recognize the responsibility of the school leadership to oversee the accomplishment of the School’s mission. The School Board, administration, and staff members each bear responsibilities within the school community to work toward the mission and vision of the school. While we believe that it is the primary responsibility of the family for the education of its children, we also are committed to partnering with the family to achieve this purpose. Consequently, a fundamental mutual understanding and respect for this relationship is necessary.
Approach to Christian Education
Summit Christian School approaches Christian education from the perspective of Christ’s lordship over all things. Specifically, Christ is recognized as Lord of all of life and creation, and all educational subjects are framed around this guiding principle. Our aim is that children would discover the unity of all that is known and would “bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” (2 Cor.10:4, 5). The over-arching framework of Christ as Lord is further expressed in Colossians 1:16-18, “For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him: And He is before all things, and by Him all things exist…that in all things He might have the preeminence.”
We believe that each child has special value and worth because he or she is created in the image of God. According to the psalmist: “For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and honor. You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands…” (Ps. 8:5-8). We understand that God has given each child certain gifts or talents. It is our work to unfold those gifts and talents for a lifetime of service in God’s Kingdom.
Summit Christian School understands that God has placed the responsibility of raising children in the hands of parents, but obviously the training and educating of children extends beyond the family circle. It is a responsibility that touches many others within the Christian community. Teachers, grandparents, pastors – in fact the whole Christian community – bear some responsibility for children of the people of God. For this reason, the family, the community of believers, and the school must work together in the training and equipping of children to be competent and knowledgeable disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith and life; that all people are sinners and are totally unable to save themselves or even to cooperate with God in efforts to earn their salvation;
We believe salvation is by God’s grace alone, who saves the people whom He draws to Jesus by His Holy Spirit. He convicts them of their sin and enlightens them so that they repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as He is offered freely in the Gospel. Because God alone knows who are His, we call on people everywhere to repent and to trust in Christ;
We believe Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who became man and lived and died and rose again to atone for the sins of those who trust Him alone for their salvation. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man;
We believe God’s Spirit gives Christians the daily strength and wisdom they need to walk according to His will and to grow in holiness; that Jesus Christ shall return to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
Application Documents Needed for Enrollment
- Summit Christian Application
- Previous School Records
- Florida Certificate of Immunization
- Florida Health Physical Form
- Copy of Health Insurance Card
- Birth Certificate
- Christian Mediation Agreement