Summit Christian School is seeking a
After School Care Worker
The successful candidate will be responsible to supervise the after school care program
Interested applicants should apply through the school website www.summitchristianschool.org and forward cover letter and resume to Administrative Assistant, by emailing email@example.com.
The successful candidate will:
- Create a daily schedule for the students who attend after school care, including; homework/reading, snack time, playground, and indoor play.
- Purchase snacks for the after school care program and submit receipts for reimbursement.
- Manage after school care students and create a good learning environment.
- Communicate effectively with administration, teachers, students, and parents.
- Maintain After School Care binder and update sign in/out sheet and submit to Administrative Assistant for billing purposes.
- Maintain a clean classroom by making certain to games, toys, snacks, etc. are put away. Dirty surfaces such as tables are wiped and disinfected and the floor is swept after spills.
- Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Lead students to a realization of their value in Christ.
- Reflect the mission of the school, which is to provide a rigorous, high-quality education rooted and grounded in God’s word. Employees are expected to integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
- Cooperate with the administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the School.
- Recognize the need for good public relations and represent the School in a favorable and professional manner to the school’s constituency and the general public.
- Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Attend school functions including, but not limited to: spring musical, awards, band and/or choir concerts, Christmas plays, dramas, and graduations.
- Know and respond appropriately to the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature.
Candidates should have earned at minimum a high school diploma and must be able to pass a level II background screening.